A NOTE FROM THE FOUNDER: STAYING SAFE AND STILL GIVING AS THE WORLD FIGHTS THE COVID-19 VIRUS
Kiitan Foundation is not oblivious to the current pandemic that the world is at odds with. The emergence of the virus Covid-19 has brought humanity to a standstill and making us more conscious of our health. The disease has spread its wings faster than any other and it is no news that it has reached the shores of the African continent. With over 550 cases of the coronavirus across Africa alone, and Nigeria being one of the Thirteen African countries identified as high risk for the spread of the virus, many Curricular and extracurricular activities in the country have been brought to a halt to curtail this disease. The Nigerian Government and other agencies are doing all they can to look for lasting solutions to this current wild-spreading disease. Kiitan Foundation has taken to not stay silent amidst this mayhem, instead, it has opted to play a role in helping to contain this disease by following the measures stipulated by the World Health Organization (W.H.O) to help its members and community stay safe.
The following are the steps to be taken to protect yourself from this disease:
- Wash your hands at intervals with soap and clean water for about 20 seconds.
- Rinse hands with hand sanitizer preferably alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
- Clean hands thoroughly with towel and use towel to close the tap.
- Avoid touching of Eyes, Nose, open injuries and mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene.
- Maintain a distance of 1 metre from another person.
- If one experiences difficulty in breathing, or has cold or fever seek medical care immediately.
- Stay informed and only follow instructions from Health care centres.
Additionally, the symptoms to pay very close attention to are as follows:
- Difficulty in breathing (severe cases).
If you experience any of this with no relief from over the counter prescription medicine, kindly call the NCDC (Nigerian Centre for Disease Control) on the toll-free number 0800 9700 0010 for adequate help.
As the adage says Health is better than wealth so let’s join hands in keeping our country Nigeria safe and while we all take to practising safer hygiene routines we should also remember to make donations to provide safety materials for personal safety and prevention equipment during this time. Kiitan foundation would be involved in dispatching the likes of protective masks, gloves and hand sanitizer as protective equipments as well as uncooked food items to the underprivileged, public centres as well as to orphanage homes and public health facilities in poor communities, to ease the load of established medical facilities in the affected areas.
We can support the decrease in the spread of this disease by educating the young and old on personal hygiene and protective measures to adopt for this period. We hope that with your help we can make a great difference.
It starts with #you.
Download PDF of founder’s note here